Sunday, March 7, 2010

::weekend of firsts::

This weekend has been filled with firsts...first time we are adding a baby boy to my side of the family since TJ was born (23 yrs ago), first time this season my little family of 3 and 1/2 went to the park, and the first time Lil P actually helped me out in the kitchen. We have had a tremendously blessed weekend!!!
Friday, The Knight accompanied me to my MD apt, only to find he will soon be the proud Da Da to a baby boy!!! We are extremely excited and shocked. I think both of us would have loved to have had a little boy, but we were well prepared to hear that we'd be having another little princess. Honestly I think I'm still a little bit in denial. Lil P will be a FANTASTIC big sister, I just know it. I have high hopes that this lil guy will be on "Team Momma", since it's obvious most days that Lil P's allegiance is for "Team Da Da". Lil P and her Da Da are two peas in a pod, seriously they love one another so much...just like I love my own daddy. There's just something about the love of a daddy, that no one else can replace. On Saturday, after I was pampered at a spa for 2 1/2 hrs (Valentine's gift from The Knight), I went SHOPPING! Yup, I most certainly had to buy blue things...and of course some new pink things too! Take a look what I got for my little man...
It was SO different buying things in blue, instead of my normal pink and/or purple. Don't worry, Lil P walked away with new sippy cups, plates/utensil sets, and a crazy hot pink squishy truck...both of my youngins were well taken care of=)
After shopping and lunch, The Knight and I decided to take Lil P to the park for some fun in the sun. Brad and Katy went with us, and we had a great time being outside! Lil P loved the swing, but really loved the slides more. She was in total awe as she watched the big kids run everywhere!
Needless to say we all had a great time, and all got well deserved baths/showers when we returned home. I really do hope this nice weather continues for the days and weeks to come!
This morning, Lil P helped me make chess pies for The Knight's birthday dinner! Tonight we are grilling out steak and chicken, with baked potatoes, salad, rolls, and veggies. Yumm Yumm. Paw and Granny are coming to share in the birthday meal. The Knight will be turning the big 30 on Tuesday!!!!
Yes, Lil P is a natural born helper!! She did great in the kitchen=)
Well that's all for now (I think). I'll get an updated belly picture and maybe a picture of our little man on here soon! Have a great Sunday afternoon and a wonderful work week!



2 comments:

  1. yeah for baby boys! She will be a great big sister! And so far..I think little boys to line up on Team Mama...but we'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After reading your post and looking at all of the pictures I can't seem to stop smiling. Thank you for giving Scott the family/happiness I have always wanted for him. You are a jewel in our family crown. Love you, Gincha

    ReplyDelete