Wednesday, June 2, 2010

:: Memorial Day Weekend ::

We had a great Memorial Day weekend with our fantastic family and friends. On Friday, Lil P and I hit the road and headed to Owensboro, KY...home of many special family members. Lil P did extremely well on the car ride up and back, with only about an hour of meltdown time each trip. We spent some quality time with Nana and Granddaddy, my little brother, aunts, uncles, cousins, grandmother, and great grandmother...yup, I still have a living great grandmother.
Mammaw Hazel will turn 97 years old on July 20th, so that's the day I'm hoping to deliver Squirt on. Wouldn't that be awesome?! No worries, I won't take any unnecessary medical risks to achieve that date, but it would be pretty cool! This is the lady that my mom, me, and Lil P get our extreme sweet tooth from. Look closely, that's a strawberry underneath that mound of sugar=) She's an amazing woman!!
On Saturday afternoon the whole family came over to my Aunt's house for some fun and barbecuing. Lil P and two of her cousins took full advantage of the sun and the slip and slide!
Lil P also had some much needed Nana and Granddaddy time...
Later Saturday afternoon we loaded up the family truckster and headed back home!
On Sunday we had a small cookout with some friends, and Lil P was able to get back in the water again! If you haven't guessed it yet, Lil P loves being outside and loves "wa wa" (water).
The Knight was our Grill Master for the afternoon, and I must say he did a fine job on my turkey burger. The tshirt he has on (which sadly you can't see the front) reads "The Man Behind The Belly". I gave him this shirt when I was pregnant with Lil P, and he pulled it out to wear this past weekend. What can I say, he's a proud Da Da. The rule about the shirt is that he can only wear it when I'm pregnant, and NEVER after the baby arrives=)
On Monday we grilled out and went swimming with our neighbors...we had a blast!!! We didn't take any pictures on Monday because we were all too busy playing in the pool=)
We had a great weekend, and I hope you did too!

Until next time...much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment