Monday, July 5, 2010

Down to the wire!

We are now officially Down to the Wire!!! With only 11 days until Squirt's arrival, we've been extremely busy getting things ready. My sister graciously came in town this weekend and worked ALL weekend getting the kids' room ready, Squirt's clothing washed and all the shopping done. We had an extremely busy weekend, but a fantastic weekend just the same!! I sure do love my sister and greatly appreciate all the help she has given me in preparation for Squirt's debut.
Take a look at Lil P's and Squirt's updated rooms...
Mickey Mouse is Squirt's first stuffed animal from his Da Da. If you remember, The Knight went to the Masters golf tournament and brought back Lil P her first stuffed animal, which was a brown bear in a green Master's outfit.
I am extremely happy with the way everything turned out! The rooms are perfect for my lil lady and lil man=)
Lil P is doing really well! She continues to talk all the time and has recently begun forming sentences in order to communicate what she wants.  Lil P is sleeping in her big girl bed MUCH better, generally only waking once a night just to check and see if we're still there. I'll go in her room and reassure her that we are still here and that we love her and she climbs back in bed and is off to sleep...Yay! It was about a 2 week battle, but one that I think we have just about conquered. She laughs and sings all the time, and has even begun to throw fits just like a child in her "terrible twos." For the most part The Knight and I ignore the tantrums and she loses interest really quickly. She's as close to perfect as can be!!!
Squirt is doing great and will be here in 11 days, or earlier if he has his choice. The past two weeks when I've gone to my doctor he's been measuring a week behind, but he grew between the two checkups so the doctor isn't concerned at all. He's moving and groving all the time! His heart rate has been between 130-150 and seems to be doing extremely well. One night last week he got the hiccups and they were such a weird feeling. This was the first time I noticed them with him and I never felt them with Lil P. The Knight was close enough that he too got to feel the weird movements...it was cool!
Before I leave you, let me share two more pictures...
Here Lil P is trying out the swing with one of her babies. She's playing with the swing and bouncy seat all the time...she'll be good and ready to pester her little brother=)
And here Lil P climbs on her horse to take a ride before lunch and nap time!!! Isn't that a sweet smile?!
Until next time...Much Love,

4 comments:

  1. I love Lil P's room!! It's wonderful L :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 11 days!! How exciting...time sure does fly when you're not the one who's preggers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. look at that big girl in her bed! wow :) can't believe it is only 11 days. hope you are feeling well! Can't wait to hear about adventures with 2!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the rooms turned out great! I love that she's in a big girl bed and Z is still in a crib! I'm looking for beds now tho...can't wait to see his little pics!

    ReplyDelete