Thursday, August 12, 2010

Limitless Love

These little loves are my absolute prides and joys...
It's been a real blessing to see how a two year old can develop and express love to another little human being who has rocked her world in so many ways! She wakes in the morning and immediately asks "where's baby?" and goes to bed at night, only after she's given him a goodnight kiss. She's ever patient with his fits and desires to be involved in every aspect of his life. She really is a gift from God! Lil P was blessed with such a sweet, nurturing spirit, one that I hope she holds onto forever.
BUT...don't let the sweetness and optimism fool you, we totally have these types of moments at our house...
You know, the moments that are raw and unedited. The moments that are loud and cringing. The moments that may entail both little ones screaming at the tops of their lungs, almost in competition of who can be the loudest. Yes, my house is far from perfect...just like me! The Knight and I try our best to roll with the punches, but I have to be honest sometimes the little ones win and they get the best of us. And I'm okay with their win, because after all we are human and still adjusting to being parents of two. I find myself trying to be the "perfect" mom, as if that person really exists anyways. I make mad attempts to talk myself down from the crazy expectations, and sometimes I win and sometimes I lose...but again, I roll with the punches of life. No one ever said this would be easy, but I'm really having a fantastic time learning.
Both of the little loves are doing wonderfully, growing bigger and bigger by the day...especially Squirt! Several people have told me that he's getting "so big" and internally I smile and say "way to go momma" to myself. That is, after-all, my job...to fatten the wee one up! Lil P is talking SO MUCH more these days and is in the early stages of color identification. She's almost completely off the Gerber toddler meals and she's eating just about everything The Knight and I are eating, which is making life so much easier.
Here are a few more photos to enjoy until next time!!!
Much Love!!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the last 2 of N...especially the one of his little sleeping butt! Nobody's perfect...you're kidding yourself if you think anyone is! Hang in there...it took me a good 5-6 weeks to adapt to live with 2!

    ReplyDelete