Monday, August 2, 2010

The little man that changed our world forever

It's amazing how in the blink of an eye, your world can be changed...for the good or the bad, it's changed and will never be the same again. I'm extremely blessed and fortunate that this little man was given to our family a very short 17 days ago...
I'm very excited that our world has forever been changed by the birth of our second, and last, child. Squirt is settling into the family quite nicely. We all are extremely fond of him and think he's a keeper indeed! Lil P is an absolutely amazing big sister. It's so cool to see how she responds to him when he squeals or cries...she immediately runs to his aid. She wants him involved in every aspect of life, book time, nightly prayers, meals, etc. She's addicted to her little brother!
On Friday, The Knight and I took the kids to the pediatrician for Lil P's 2 yr check up and Squirt's 2 wk check up. We were all excited when both kids got clean bills of health! Lil P is still in the 90-95% for her height, weight and head circumference and she's holding steady at 30.5 lbs. The Dr. said she looked fabulous and that she's met all developmental milestones up to this point. Squirt also got rave reviews, especially in regards to weight. Lil man now weighs 8 lbs which is 5oz over birth weight, so he's progressing really well.  I'll take Squirt back in 6 weeks for his 2 month check up and Lil P doesn't have to return until 3 yrs unless we go in for a sick appointment (let's keep our fingers crossed that those visits will be at a minimal for the next year).
On Saturday I ventured out with the kids by myself for a playdate with my good friend Jennifer and her two little ones, Ty and Lizzie. Not only did we play, we also tried out a double stroller...yes, since I now have two kids two years old and under I thought it might be wise to have one. Take a look at the kids...
It's still so hard for me to believe that my once little girl, looks SO big!!! The stroller was just what I was looking for, so I purchased it last night. Hopefully it'll be in by the end of the week. Once I receive it, then my crazy self can take both kids shopping...without anyone else. It's a very exciting challenge, but a tad bit daunting!
The Knight returned to work today, after being home with Squirt and I for a little over two weeks. We've missed him quite a bit today but it's good for us all to get into a routine. I'll be off for 10 more weeks, then it's back to work I go as well.
Nana called me yesterday and asked if she and Granddaddy could come visit this coming Saturday. I am extremely excited that they are coming to see the kids, because I know they've missed them and I know Lil P will be extremely excited to see them. Since Nana left our home after Squirt was born, Lil P has talked about Nana non-stop...and I mean NON-STOP:)
This week Squirt and I have shopping to do for Lil P's 2nd birthday which is in less than a week. Lil P is in the phase of putting on several clothing articles over the outfit she's already wearing so I think we are going to get her some dress-up clothes to play with. Maybe, just maybe, this will keep her from destroying all her drawers in search of the "perfect" outfit! If not, oh well, it'll just add to the pile.
We are hoping to take outdoor pictures of the kids very soon, but the heat index here is over 105 so the outdoors is off limits for the week. Well that's about it for now!!! Much love,

No comments:

Post a Comment