Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Sometimes you just have to laugh!!!

Well so I had a great idea to take the kids for a walk last night, the weather was absolutely beautiful here in the South. Don't they look so happy?!
We enjoyed a nice brisk 45 minute walk! This is the first bit of exercise I have had in nearly a year...crazy huh?! Lil P did fabulous and so did Squirt, with the exception of the last 5 minutes when he started screaming (I later realized he was hungry). We got back to the house only to realize I had grabbed the WRONG keys. Yes, you got that right...I was locked out of the house with a screaming baby and a two year old that wanted to run and play EVERYWHERE! The Knight was in graduate school, so he couldn't help us out. Luckily our friends Brad and Katy have our house key, so they came to the rescue within 30 mins...praise God, because it was 8pm by that time.
After getting into the house and feeding the little man, I decided to give Lil P a much needed bath (she played in the flower bed mulch while we were waiting for our key, she was black head to toe). While in the bath tub the power went out!!! Yup, you guessed it I had one in the bath and one in a bouncy seat in the pitch dark. Lil P began to get scared so I got her out of the tub and we made our way to the kitchen to get a flashlight. As soon as we got the flashlight the power came on again...praise God!
So, I just had to look back at the whole evening and laugh! I've realized sometimes that if we don't laugh at road blocks or craziness, we cry and no one likes crying!
Let's hope the day turns out even better today!

1 comment:

  1. you update facebook all the time! We want to see the blog!!! Do you realize it is September?

    ReplyDelete